Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Supper Success

You probably know this by now, but I love to cook. I enjoy reading recipes, even if I never intend on making them, and I'm a sucker for any cookbook or cooking magazine. I'm pretty good at modifying existing recipes to suit my needs or preferences, but I'm not very good at creating my own ideas. Many times I know what things go together and what I want to use, but I lack the inspiration to actually create a dish. Enter allrecipes.com. I love this site because, not only the recipes user rated, but it features an "Ingredients" tab which allows you to input the ingredients you want to use and it will search the database for matching recipes. Pretty slick feature.

Last night I wanted to do a dish with shrimp & spinach and I found this recipe for Fresh Tomato Shrimp Pasta. Not only did it taste amazing, but it was fairly easy to prepare. I was pleased to be able to use some spinach, tomato, and fresh basil that I got in my CSA share last week. The only thing I did differently was to use whole wheat angel hair instead of fettucine and I served it with homemade bread garlic toast. We both had seconds!

sauteing garlic, onion, basil, tomato, oregano

spinach & shrimp added

tossed with pasta

Don't pictures make things seem much more appealing?? I did also add the cubed mozzarella because I had some, but I think the dish would be perfectly fine without it. Don't run out and buy the mozzarella specifically for this.

3 comments:

  1. I admire this quality you have Sue of being able to cook the way you do! My sister got all those genes...

    I've been thinking of you lately... we've had to figure out how to get a tree frog and lizard OUT of our new house!!! At least I'm not freaked out by them much... I just wish they weren't so quick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM SO GOING TO COOK THIS MEAL THIS WEEK!!!! It looks delicious! I'm going grocery shopping tonight! :0) Thanks or sharing, I'll be adding it to my recipe blog! http://goodhomecooking-nicole.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a very similar recipe - calls for white wine. It's yummy. This version sounds good too and it's nice to have because I don't always have white wine in the house.

    Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete