Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday Supper - Crockpot Pulled Pork Sandwiches

We haven't eaten yet, but this meal will be yummy, yummy, yummy. I could smell the meat outside the door when I came home from work. This was SO easy...I had to share. You will need:

Pork chops (3-4lbs. should be plenty. I used 7 chops)
Stock (3-4 cups)
Onion (I used about 1/2)
Cider vinegar (little over 1/3 cup)
Worcestershire sauce (about 1/3 cup)
Minced garlic (few tablespoons)
Bulkie rolls
seasonings (I used Italian, salt, pepper, basil)
(as usual..amounts are to taste. I don't think you could mess this up.)

I had the assorted pack of chops from Shaws that I bought earlier in the week...3+ pounds for under $6! Good deal. Anyway, since the chops were assorted, some were sitll on the bone, so I just cut it off. Place chops in crock pot. Slice onion and add to crockpot. Add stock (to cover pork chops), vinegar, worcestershire, minced garlic and seasonings. Cook on low for...about 8 hours.

Shred chops one by one. Really, they should just about shred themselves...so tender! I dumped the juices thru a strainer and added the onions and some of minced garlic "leftovers" to the shredded pork pile.


Next, put shredded pork mixture back into crockpot and add a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce. I used Wegman's (*sniff*) Memphis flavor. Mix together and cook on low for another hour or so. If this wasn't already tender enough....! Now, it just melts in the mouth. (Of course I sampled it!)


I got a free 5lb bag of potatoes a few weeks ago from Shaw's, and there were 3 left that were on the verge of extinction. I decided to make some homemade french fries to use them up! Dump a little veggie oil in a skillet, and voila! Insta-fryer.


Ok, so honey is on his way home, fries are frying up nicely, and I'm charging the camera battery. Will post a pic of the "finished product" later!

**Update: The pork was AMAZING!**

No comments:

Post a Comment