Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Confessions

Sometimes I really wish my name wasn't "Ma-ma-ma".

There are mornings that I shut the bedroom door from the wailing because I'm just not ready to go there yet.

I look forward to naptime. And bedtime.

This year has given me a better understanding of why some animals eat their young.

On several occasions, I have encouraged sleep with a stiff dose of Tylenol.

I have even wondered why my child wasn't like normal children.

* * * * * * * * * *

Aaron had to remind me this morning that, let's be honest, not all days are bad. He pointed out that some days when he comes home, I'm very excited and happy and just glad to see him...and other days I can be mopey, tired, and apathetic. Back in the way-back recesses of my mind I'm sure I knew that when he comes home from work, my attitude matters.  That I have the opportunity to be an encouragement to him by how I greet him. I think that concept deserves a front-row seat.

He also mentioned that sometimes my mood can be something of a roller coaster...because I allow it to be dictated by Alex's mood. {UGH!}

Another gentle reminder from my leader-teacher that the Child is not my source of joy. "No", I say...he's the source of my frustration!

So today, {although I am currently ignoring the wake-up cries from a Ibuprofen-induced early morning nap} I will focus on the good. I will focus on my attitude. I will be thankful for this little whiner whom I dearly love. I will choose joy.

And I will most certainly look forward to bedtime. :)

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control;" ~ Galatians 5:22-23

2 comments:

  1. I completely understand. I yearn for naptime and bedtime some days. I try to remind myself that this is the ministry God has given me right now. My mood/attitude affects theirs. I Timothy 1:12

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great verse, Jen...thanks for the encouragement! :)

    ReplyDelete